So you want to support Native communities – great! Learn how to get started or improve existing efforts. The second annual Native Nonprofit Day will be held on Friday, May 19!
Through this webinar you will learn about Native communities, the importance of Native-led organizations, and how you can join us in uplifting and supporting Native-led nonprofits on Native Nonprofit Day and beyond. You will be introduced to a number of concepts to spark your interest in learning more and taking action on what you’ve learned.
Presentation Sources & Resources:
Appears in order as presented:
- Becoming Visible: A Landscape Analysis of State Efforts to Provide Native American Education for All
- Reclaiming Native Truth: A Project to Dispel America’s Myths and Misconceptions
- Native Americans and Alaska Natives in the U.S. Census
- Growing Inequity: Large Foundation Giving to Native American Organizations and Causes – 2006-2014
- Community Foundation Giving to Native American Causes
- Map of Indigenous Homelands and Reservations from 1776 to 1887
- Native Governance Center
- What is Tribal Sovereignty?
- Tribal Nations & the United States: An Introduction
- Charitable and Sovereign: Understanding Tribal 7871 Organizations
- Investing In Native Communities (The funding map can help you find Native Serving organizations. However, due to data reporting inconsistencies, you will find the map includes nonprofits who’s missions or programs do not explicitly serve Native American communities.)
- Decolonizing Wealth Project
Find more resources on Philanthropy in Indian Country from First Nations Development Institute.